Wednesday, October 20, 2010

COLD...RAIN....BRRR....all 4 letter words....

I do not like the cold weather....with cold weather, those of us with Fibromyalgia really feel it...our muscles tighten up more than they usually are...everything that kind of hurts really hurts...so this weather the past few days has created a challenge...I have about 48 days until the half-marathon...that's about 24 running days....so, I need to keep at it...do I allow the weather to keep me in, or do I keep going? If I stop, I've learned how hard it is to get back to the level I need to be running to make a decent effort...but it's hard just to get through the day...but I ran...on Monday....and Wednesday...my long run is supposed to be this weekend....I'm thinking Saturday morning...it's supposed to be sunny...now, sunny. That's a nice word....it has 5 letters....much better...so much, much better....I think I can, I think I can, I can I think....that's where I'm at....I find myself questioning why I've even considered running this...but have been pushing those thoughts out of my mind....I'm usually very determined to finish something once I've committed, but with Fibro, sometimes I can't control what the outcome is....so, maybe this race will be good for the mental aspect as well....I'll continue to post....I'll continue to run....

No comments:

Post a Comment