Sunday, November 14, 2010

A beautiful day!

I added up how many miles I ran last week....I did 4 on Monday, 4.5 on Wednesday and 9.5 on Friday. That's 18 for 3 days...then did 5 on Sunday...so, that's 23 miles...in a week...in 7 days...WOWZA! Who would have thought?

I pushed myself yesterday when I was running...so many times I just wanted to stop...to just turn around and sit in my car...or better yet, since on a bench in the beautiful San Diego sunshine...but I kept going...I love my Garmin GPS watch...I can tell how far I'm going....if I have .2 miles to go to reach a mile, I keep going...I always tell myself I can do just a bit more, or I can run to the end of the street, or to the lamp post...every time a bit further...I've figured out that once I reach the 3 mile point, I'm ok...I'm settled in for the run....but the first 3 miles ~ I make up more excuses than a middle school student...but I've learned to just do it...stop listening to the negative and focus on the positive...but it's not easy...it's the same battle every time I get ready to run.

The race is 3 weeks from today...it will be over 3 weeks from today. I will be home from Las Vegas 3 weeks from today. What will I feel like? Thanks for sharing this journey with me...3 weeks to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment