Friday, December 3, 2010

Two days to go....can I do this?

Well, I'm in Las Vegas...it's Friday night and the race is on Sunday morning, early. We're waiting for our daughter and son-in-law to arrive and will go to the big Expo tomorrow. There are supposed to be over 22,000 runners here....I've never seen so many people in Las Vegas with running shoes on!!!

Kind of a bittersweet day being in Vegas with Hallie being sworn in as an attorney for the state of California...but was able to see the ceremony on video...we're so proud of all she has accomplished!

I don't remember the last time I was this nervous...and it's not about the run, I know I can do it...I just don't know if I can do it in 4 hours...and they put you in a van and drive you to the finish line if they don't think you're going to make the time cut-off....I want to at least finish it, so I'm going to have to stay mentally tough and focused on my mile times....it's actually being run on Las Vegas Blvd, from the Mandalay Bay, down past the Venetian, to Fremont Street and back...I've kind of memorized where each hotel is mile wise, so I have an idea of where I need to be by what time....Fremont Street is half way, so I've got to be there under the two hour mark....

It would be nice to have someone to run with, but I've done this entire journey by myself, so I think it's kind of fitting to run the race on my own....if I decide to keep running, it might benefit me to find a running buddy so we can push each other...I guess Sunday morning will decide what I end up doing in the future....I can do this,....I know I can....I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment